[bsg] Cross Lake/ Shreveport/Caddo highlights today- 12/6/14

  • From: Terry Davis <terkchip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 22:01:13 -0600

Hi all, Charlie Lyon, Rosemary Seidler, Jeff Trahan and I surveyed the lake
via Charlie's boat from mid morning to mid afternoon. It was nice to get
back out on the lake for the first time in quite awhile- thanks Charlie!
Highlights were-

Greater Scaup- 2

AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN- 1873!!

Double-crested Cormorant- 13780

Horned Grebe- 2

Bald eagle- 1 first winter

Blue-headed Vireo- 1

A grand slam of expected woodpeckers is always cool.Ruby and Golden-crowned
Kinglet numbers were off the charts for the few land areas that we surveyed
as well.

Low lights/ numbers were- Most ducks, Pied-billed Grebe, zero loons,
American Coot, all expected sparrows. There may be a few that I left off
the above post. Full details at-

Good luck out there for those of you going tomorrow! ((:

Terry