[bsg] Bird, New to me

  • From: "Anita W. Goodson" <blondiesbulldog@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:34:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello fellow birders,
While going to WK Bossier last week I spotted a new bird on the fence. I had to
turn around to see what it was. I immediately called my hubby & described a
bird
that looked like a mocking bird but, had a stripe on it's eye. Like it was
wearing a band-aid
over it's eye. He told me he can't find that over the phone. Then he suggested
it was a gray catbird. I knew it wasn't but wasn't gonna argue over the phone.
When I got home I looked in the bird book & immediately knew it was a
Loggerhead
Shrike. Book say's it is uncommon as I knew I had never seen anything like this
before. I took a pic with my cell phone. Pretty far away. Wish I would have had
my Cannon. Oh well, next time I want leave the house with out it. He posed with
a huge grasshopper in his mouth & gave me a good looksee.

Happy Birding my friends,

Anita Goodson

Anita's Art Glass
100 Blondie's Way