[boot scriptor] Re: Features.....

  • From: "Michael K Ter Louw" <mterlouw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 01:30:44 -0600

Hi Chris,

> I was thinking that one would create the menu as usual but
> also include a command to display an image at the start of
> each menu page (after the original menu was displayed?).
> This image should stay visible until a key has been pressed
> or until a timed command was executed.  Of course, if the PC
> hardware doesn't support displaying graphics then the menu
> should still
> be displayed.

Like Doctor XP said, you can accomplish this using the show image
command.  I think for what you are describing, you would type some
commands like this:

secondary_menu:

; Show the intro graphic.
show image 2ndmenu.bsi 2ndmenu.bmp
getkey 5  ; This will show the graphic
          ; until a key is pressed,
          ; or for a maximum of five seconds

; Now display the text menu.
cls
print "1. Option 1\n"
print "2. Option 2\n"
print "3. Option 3\n"
show console

; Now wait for user input.
menu_input_loop:
getkey
onkey 1 goto option1
onkey 2 goto option2
onkey 3 goto option3
goto menu_input_loop

If this isn't the feature you're referring to, please try to describe it
in greater detail.

Mike