Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 1.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:24:20 +0100

Newsletter No: 1

Date: 2 September 2008

A Note from the Headteacher

Welcome back to school. I hope you all enjoyed a good summer holiday ? even
though the weather wasn?t on our side all of the time!

This week starts the beginning of a new era at Broad Oak Primary School due
to Mr. Metcalfe moving to

St Margaret?s CE Primary School in Warrington. As the new Headteacher of
Broad Oak, this is an exciting time for both me and the school as we move
into our Autumn term. We hope that the children settle quickly into their
new classes and that I learn as many of their names as possible ? although
with over 160 of them, it is going to take me quite a while.

My aim is also to get out into the playground as often as possible to meet
you as the parents and carers of the children. As always, if there are any
problems or concerns that you may have, don?t hesitate to contact me or

Mrs Atkinson in the office.

Many thanks

Broad Oak Care Club

All the Broad Oak Care Club Staff are looking forward to another great year
of fun and activities for all the children. Many trips went ahead last year
and have been very successful, the team have put many activities on and all
the children who have attended have had a fantastic time.

Why not come along and join us?

Sessions are: 8am ? 8.45am with breakfast club : £2.30 a session, Easy drop
is from 8.30 onwards : £1.20.  After School Club starts 3.15pm to 5.45pm :
£5.00 a session. Could all parents please inform Mrs Naylor in the office
(afternoons) if they would like a place.   Holiday dates will follow in the
next couple of weeks.

 Extra Curricular Activities

This school is extremely proud to have dedicated staff who are prepared to
give up their own time after a teaching day to give additional activities
for our children ? at no extra cost to parents.  Pupils? behaviour and
commitment to the club is expected to therefore be exemplary and the member
of staff running the club has the right to refuse attendance based on
inappropriate behaviour and insufficient commitment.  All parents should
sign the slip at the end of this newsletter to give permission for their
child to take part in an extra curricular club.  If large numbers want to
take part in a particular club we may look at organising a rota.

Changes to club arrangements are displayed on the Junior notice board and/or
in weekly newsletters.

The following extra curricular clubs and activities will commence week
beginning Monday 8th September:

Day                    Time                       Club
Year Group                     Staff in charge

Mondays            3.15 ? 4.15pm          Taekwondo                Year 2 ?
Year 6              Eddie Ellison*(* As advertised below).

Tuesdays           3.15 ? 4.15pm          High Fives                  Year 5
& 6                     Mrs Sutton

Tuesdays           3.15 ? 4.30pm         Football                    Year 5
& 6                     Mr Bromley

Details of other clubs taking place will appear in next week?s newsletter.

School Lunch ? Week 3 Beginning 8 September
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.50 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Yorkshire Pudding filled with savoury mince beef & new potatoes or Cod &
Salmon Fish Cake.

Grilled Gammon & Pineapple with Jacket Wedges or Tomato & Lentil Soup with
Hot Filled Baguettes.

Welsh Pork Meatballs in tomato sauce with Pasta or Cheesy Pizza with Jacket
Potato.

Roast Breast of Chicken, roast potatoes & gravy or Cheddar Cheese Catherine
Wheel with creamed potatoes.

Pork sausages, chips & tomato ketchup or Quorn lasagne with garlic bread,
Garden peas, baby corn cobs

Apple Crumble & Custard

Fresh fruit platter & Shortbread biscuit

Warm Chocolate Sponge with Vanilla Ice Cream

Creamy rice pudding & mandarins

Fresh Fruit Crepes with Strawberry ice cream

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand.

Yours sincerely

Mr S B Smith

Headteacher

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*ELLISONS TAEKWONDO

Taekwondo is a dynamic martial art and a fun way to keep fit

whilst learning to defend yourself.

Lessons are taught here by Master E Ellison,

5th Dan and a fully qualified teacher with full CRB clearance.

Taekwondo is a full Olympic sport.

LESSONS AT THIS SCHOOL : MONDAYS 3.15 ? 4.15 PM

STARTING MONDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER

Permission letter to be collected at the first lesson.

Charge per lesson £3.00

For details phone Eddie on 01772 468464

First 2 lessons free of charge for new members.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??

Extra Curricular Clubs

I would like my child to take part in the following extra curricular clubs.
Please circle the name of the club.

Football (Y5 & Y6)                                High Fives (Y5 & Y6)

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.