[Bristol-Birds] Yellow-Shafted Northern Flicker

  • From: MAC942TBR@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 23:46:05 EDT

Greetings on this Memorial Day,

I went down yesterday to see the Green Heron in Greene County,
corner of Pigeon Creek/Buffalo Creek.  He was there in his spot,
but I got this wonderful surprise in a tree above the pond.

Today the owner mowed for me so easier access and couple
quick takes in between rain sprinkles.  I hope to monitor and  see
if I can catch both parents and the young being fed.

Two hummingbirds were very active at the house, and another
surprise visit from two Grouse in my yard.

Many Cedar Waxwing and Mourning Cloaks at the Crabapple trees.
Brown Thrashers more than usual and a consistent Blue Grosbeak.
Rock Pigeons are new on the property and plentiful amongst the other  doves.

The bird houses seem to be in full use - in particular a Wren I am
watching.
Yet, I never tire of the regular song birds.

And sadly, the beautiful Kestrel comes often to destroy my bird  nests.

Enjoy this Woodpecker and sorry if files too big for some.

Nata Jackson
Greene County
Greeneville, TN

JPEG image