[Bristol-Birds] White-eyed Vireo, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Don Miller <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:59:39 -0400

April 7, 2006

Greene Co., TN

I had little time to bird today (about 10 minutes before work, about an hour and a half after work), but many avian signs of spring were evident in even the little time available to me to be outdoors. Winter residents appeared to be on the move, and summer residents were noticeably more plentiful than they were a few days ago. I compiled the following list (which includes a few permanent residents) mostly near Tusculum, but some in Greeneville:

Wood Duck (5);
Chimney Swift;
Tree Swallow (8);
Barn Swallow (3);
Blue-headed Vireo (Greeneville);
White-eyed Vireo (near Tusculum; first of year);
Winter Wren (near Tusculum; this is a fairly late low-elevation date);
Ruby-crowned Kinglet;
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (2);
Brown Thrasher (3);
Yellow-rumped Warbler (8);
Palm Warbler (near Tusculum);
Savannah Sparrow (2 near Tusculum);
Dark-eyed Junco (2 near Tusculum);
Purple Finch (Greeneville).

Don Miller
Greeneville, Greene Co., TN

Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia