[Bristol-Birds] Weekend highlights/Sevier Lake

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:44:49 -0500

Saturday afternoon 11/12, birding from the dock for a few hours:
Double-crested Cormorant -2
Great Blue Heron - 4
Mallard - 4
Gadwall - 10
Pied-billed Grebe - 8
Wood Duck - 6
Hooded Merganser - 1 female
Blue-winged Teal - 4
Green-winged Teal - 6
Ring-necked Duck - 8
Canada Geese - many
American Coots - 50+
Belted Kingfisher - 2
A duck hunter,  scoping for hunting season, stopped by and reported seeing 3
Ruddy Ducks which I didn't see.

Sunday 11/13
Around 5 pm, I scanned a large flock of Canada Geese from the dock - 1 White
Snow Goose and 1 Dark adult Snow Goose were in the flock. The White Snow Goose
flew upriver shortly after I saw it, but the Dark Adult remained with flock. It
was still there as daylight faded.

Susan Hubley
John Sevier Lake
Rogersville, Hawkins County