[Bristol-Birds] Tundra Swans - Claytor Lake

  • From: Herdfanmark@xxxxxxx
  • To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blueridgebirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, NRVBirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:39:49 EST

Greetings,
                  Shortly before noon today I saw some large white birds on
the lake. After  glassing them they proved to be Tundra Swans. I drove to
DeHaven park to get  closer looks & photos of them. I counted 18 birds in
total & within about 15 minutes of my arrival they started  getting very vocal
and soon flew. When departing they circled back over the  lake and I was
able to get a few pictures of them in flight. Photo  attached.

Good Birding
Mark Mullins
Pulaski County, Va

JPEG image