[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club field trip Saturday, March 12

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:53:15 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club afternoon/evening field trip to the Kingsport area will
be Saturday, March 12.
Meet at 2:00 p.m. at the Ft. Patrick Henry Dam overlook off Hwy 36--Ft. Henry
Drive in Kingsport and N. Roan St. in Johnson City.

We will view the Great Blue Heron Rookery from the overlook and look for
Black-crowned Night Herons.  From there, we will bird along the Holston River
Sluice along Riverport Dr. and along the South Holston River along the
Netherland Inn Rd. We will eat at the Riverfront Restaurant on Netherland Inn
Rd. and look for Am. Woodcock after dinner.

The weather forecast at this time is very good for a field trip Saturday--sunny
with 0% chance for precipitation with a high of 60F.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS