[Bristol-Birds] TVA Land Plan Meeting - April 6th 4-8pm

  • From: MAC942TBR@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:21:16 EDT

Birders,

I received a letter from the TVA re: their Land  Plan for the Douglas and
Nolichucky
Tributary Reservoirs.  Since  this land plan will guide land and resource
management decisions, I wanted to post in case some have not heard and would
like to  attend, to
help provide feedback and live data  before the Plan is finalized.

TVA is inviting citizens to the open house to be held at the  Newport-Cocke
Chamber of Commerce located at 433-B Prospect Ave in Newport,  TN on
April 6, 2010 from 4-8 p.m.  If you can not attend,  and have comments, I am
sure you can provide them via their web email.

If you would like more information about the Land Plan and/or  Maps, check
out
their web site at _www.tva.gov/environment/reports/dnlp_
(http://www.tva.gov/environment/reports/dnlp) .  It is  also a very interesting
read, identifying all of the bird  species and wildlife by area (Volume II
and III  Douglas/Nolichucky).

The public libraries around the region will be keeping a copy  of the
proposal on file
for review.

Nata Jackson
Greeneville, TN
Greene County

Also attached is a photo of the Group who attended the Trip to Greene
County areas on
March 20, 2010.  I took the photo, but do not know nor have access to  all
individuals.

JPEG image