[Bristol-Birds] Shorebirds, Airport Construction Pond, Hamilton Rd

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 17:21:44 -0400

Following Cade Campbell's report of this morning, around 4:30 p.m., I checked the construction pond at the Airport on Hamilton Road.
     11     Semipalmated Sandpipers
     13     Least Sandpipers
       1     Spotted Sandpiper
I didn't see any Solitary Sandpipers, but there could have been some.  There were birds on both sides of the wooden barrier and they were moving around a lot, so my numbers may not be completely accurate..

Other observations from today:

Hamilton Rd. not far south of where it takes off from Hwy 75:
     1     Willow Flycatcher

Sycamore Shoals--Sparrow Field beyond the swimming pool and tennis courts:
     3     Indigo Buntings
     1     Yellow-breasted Chat

Jacob's Nature Park at Sinking Creek:
     1     Spotted Sandpiper