[Bristol-Birds] Shady Valley field triips - Aug 8th

  • From: L Tyler <soaringeaglez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:31:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, August 8th, the Bristol Bird Club will celebrate 30 years of
complementary efforts with the Nature Conservancy office in Shady Valley, TN;
towards the enjoyment and conservation of habitats for birds and other
wildlife, by leading bird walks for the public.

On Janurary 1st, 2009  I saw Fox sparrows scratching in the dirt for the first
time during our annual BBC winter bird count in Shady Valley.  Other birders
have enjoyed birding at Shady Valley throughout the seasons and years, and have
their own indelible memories.  If Shady Valley has left such an impact on you,
please consider leading one or more hour long bird walks between 8:00 a.m. and
noon, and between 5:00 p.m. and 7 p.m on August 8th.  Areas to be covered
include Orchard Bog, Quarry Bog, Schoolhouse Springs and boardwalk, and the
mountain preserve.  Gabby Call from the Nature Conservancy and I will set up a
station at the field house at Orchard Bog to answer questions and coordinate
events for the public during the designated hours.

Please respond ASAP with your availability so that times can be announced in
our press releases.  Thank you!

Lisa Tyler
BBC President