[Bristol-Birds] Fw: Fall Roan Mtn. Naturalists' Rally Brochure

  • From: L Tyler <soaringeaglez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

The Fall Naturalist's Rally at Roan Mountain was the event where I first met
members of the Bristol and Herndon Bird Clubs, so it has a special meaning to
me.  This year, our own Larry McDaniel will present on Saturday night,
"McDaniel’s presentation on Porch Light Insects is a collection of photographs
he has taken, mostly on the back porch of his home. He has also included some
shots from the Steele Creek Park Nature Center porch and a few from the barn at
his farm in Jonesborough, TN."

Join Friday night's speaker, Lincoln Brower, renown butterfly expert, as he
presents "The Grand Saga of the Monarch Butterfly". "Professor Brower's program
will be based on 55 years research on monarchs, his 32 years of visiting the
Mexican overwintering colonies, and will be copiously illustrated with still
and video imagery taken on the ground, in the air and from outer space."

Hope to see you at one of the area's most enriching events!

Lisa Tyler
BBC President