[Bristol-Birds] September birds at Glen Alpine

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:34:29 EDT

I have not had much time for birds at a critical time of the year.  However,
I have been volunteering in the newly opened Gray Fossil Site/Museum as a tour
leader and lab worker.  The visitor numbers have been huge!  The first
weekend had over 3000 visitors.  This past Saturday was about 500 - 700.  It is
great place and I highly recommend at least one visit.  However, I have been
checking birds here when I am able, they include:  Cedar Waxwing ( 3 days of 8
or
9 birds), Veery on 9/1, female Indigo Bunting three days, 5 turkeys every
day, Screech Owl calling on 9/2 and 9/11, Ruby-throated Hummingbird up to 4
birds
each day, Chimney Swifts from 3 - 13 each day, Common Nighthawk on 9/4 (4)
and 9/8 (3), Brown Thrasher most days,  2 Ravens on 9/9, 3 Wood Ducks on 9/8,
Belted Kingfisher on 9/7, Yellow-throated Vireo on 9/10, and Pileated
Woodpecker
7 days.  This ignores the everyday feeder and fly-over birds.  John Moyle
Glen Alpine Road  Kingsport

 See what's
new at http://www.aol.com