[Bristol-Birds] Roan Mtn. Butterfly count correction

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, valeps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:15:56 -0400

 Hey Folks,
     Sorry, I failed to include a subject line last time, and I mistakenly
typed the date for the count as August instead of the correct month July.  Here
is the corrected version.
Don Holt

    The annual butterfly count at Roan Mtn., TN/NC will be held this Saturday,
15 JUL 2006.  We will begin as usual at the Visitors' Center in Roan Mtn. State
Park at 10 am.  After counting at Hampton Creek Cove State Natural Area in the
morning, we have the options this year of eating lunch at a very nice
restaurant (Mad Martha's) in Roan Village, or the usual picnic at the
Rhododendron Gardens.  I think we can let everyone decide for themselves and
reconvene afterwards.  Following lunch we will search the Rhododendron Gardens
for hundreds (hopefully) of Aphrodite Fritillaries.
     Anyone with questions, or wanting to form a satellite party to search in
other sections of the count circle can contact me at (423) 483-0470.  It is
unlikely I will be able to communicate effectively through e-mail in this time
period.  I hope to see lots of old and new friends at the count this year.
Come join us!

Don Holt, compiler
Johnson City, TN
All on demand. Always Free.