[Bristol-Birds] Report from the Mississippi

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:22:40 -0400

Judy Roach sent the following from the Mississippi River.

We're seeing amazing numbers of birds from the top deck of The Queen of the
Mississippi. Since Monday we've had hundreds of white pelicans. -- at times the
flocks look like snow on the water.

JPEG image

Bald eagles abound sitting in trees along --flying in front of the boat for
really good looks at both adults and juveniles.  Had a golden eagle on Tuesday.
The duck blinds and decoys are out but the ducks aren't here yet.

Other birds --  too numerous to count
Cormorants
Coots
Canada geese