[Bristol-Birds] Fwd: On the Mississippi

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:46:52 -0400

Judy Roach and Mary Erwin are enjoying a time on The Queen of the Mississippi.  Here is a report from Judy.
Lois Cox

Begin forwarded message:

We're seeing amazing numbers of birds from the top deck of The Queen of the Mississippi. Since Monday we've had hundreds of white pelicans. -- at times the flocks look like snow on the water.

Bald eagles abound sitting in trees along --flying in front of the boat for really good looks at both adults and juveniles.  Had a golden eagle on Tuesday. The duck blinds and decoys are out but the ducks aren't here yet.

Other birds --  too numerous to count
Cormorants
Coots
Canada geese