[Bristol-Birds] Redhead Ducks, Common Ravens

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:53:31 -0500

Had a pair of Redheads (ducks, that is) on a very small pond at The Landings
apartment complex in Church Hill, Hawkins County yesterday (Jan 21).  Two
Common Ravens at the 11W bridge over N. Fork Holston River on W. Stone
Drive, Kingsport this morning (Jan 22).  I have a potential nesting site for
these birds I have been seeing in this area. Will watch early this spring
(eggs by St. Patrick's day according to Coffey).

On a quick run this afternoon (Jan 22) to Phipp's Bend in Hawkins County I
had:

American Kestrel (1 female)
Red-shouldered Hawk (1 adult)
Purple Finch