[Bristol-Birds] Wilbur Lake waterfowl

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:28:57 -0500 (EST)

Thursday Jan22, I made a short trip to Wilbur Lake to try to find all the good
waterfowl Rick Knight had reported the day before and I was not dissappointed.
I found: 1 male Canvasback, 4 Redhead ducks (3 Male), 1 female Goldeneye, 3
Green-winged Teal and 1 White-winged Scoter.  The scoter was found with the
help of a new birder in the area Darrel Wilder, a new birder from one of Fred
Alsops birding classes at ETSU.  Also at Wilbur were the usual Buffleheads,
Canada Geese and Mallards.

I stopped by the Razor farm river outlet on my way back to town and was
suprized by findind a male Pintail in with the Mallards, Canada Geese and
Buffleheads there.

Since I was on a roll for waterfowl, I decided to stop by Steele Creek Park to
see the wild White-fronted Goose that Larry and Jeremy have had there for about
a week.

All in all a good birding day, now that the weather has warmed up some and the
roads are all passable.

Glen Eller
Fall Branch