[Bristol-Birds] Rare Duck Birders - positive influence

  • From: Rack Cross <rackcross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:37:04 -0500

.
I was present when the Riverfront Seafood Company owner, Wayne Michelli,
commended all the birders coming to his place to see the Harlequin Duck for
sharing educational information during a television interview. Here is a
quote he gave, "Now all of the employees are on the lookout for the little
duck. We've of course educated our employees and staff to point it out to
people because people will be looking out the window and say, "what's
everybody looking at?" We'll point it out to them and she's been plenty
popular here on the river."
.
Made me glad to be a Tennessee birder.
.