[Bristol-Birds] Bristol Bird Club field trips and the February meeting

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:49:36 -0500

Bristol Bird Club members and friends:

I hope to see several of you tomorrow for our annual Burke's Garden winter
trip.  Remember to meet at the Hardee's in Tazewell, VA, at 9:00 A.M.  When you
get into Tazewell on Hwy 19, you will find signs to Hardee's.  If you want to
eat breakfast or buy food to take for you lunch, plan to get there before 9:00
A.M. so that we will all be ready to leave there at 9:00 or soon thereafter.
You will need to either buy food for your lunch at Hardee's or to bring your
lunch from home.  The store in Burke's Garden is no longer in business.  For
more details, see Rick Knight's e-mail from January 22.

Also, tonight is the Owl Prowl at Steele's Creek Park.  It begins at 5:00 P.M.
for the  owl pellet dissection with the stroll to hunt for owls after dark.
Wear warm clothing.  This is an activity of the park but all are invited to
participate.

The February meeting of the Bristol Bird Club will be on February 19, at 7:30
P.M., in the Kegley Meeting Room of the Bristol Public Library.  John Hay has
arranged for an interesting and informative program.  Bob Culler, naturalist at
Bays Mountain Park, will present a program about the work at their Raptor
Center.  He may bring a couple of live birds with him also.  Mark Feb. 19 on
your calendar and hope for good weather.  As usual, those who wish will meet at
6:00 P.M. at The Mad Greek for a dutch treat dinner and fellowship.

See you soon.

Lois Cox