[Bristol-Birds] John Sevier Lake/Hawkins County

  • From: Susan Hubley <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:40:10 -0400

New arrivals today, 4/26/15
Black-billed Cuckoo - calling early this morning in the wet, overgrown area in
front yard, perched in low branch, clearly observed black bill, small white
spots on tail
(Located in almost exact spot I had one here in 2013)
indigo Bunting
Acadian Flycatcher

4/25/15
Baltimore Oriole and Spotted Sandpiper
Saw Canada Geese pair with 6 goslings - first goslings here on the lake this
year

4/24/15
Caspian Tern -6 (nice number for this location)

4/21/15 Yellow-billed Cuckoo arrived

Our Bald Eagle pair have two eaglets which are now about four weeks old.

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, Hawkins County

Sent from my iPad

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications
between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx