[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Picnic Saturday, July 9

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 13:57:40 -0400

The Herndon bird Club will have its Annual Club Picnic Saturday, July 9, at the Meredith Pavilion at Winged Deer Park in Johnson City. The Meredith Pavilion is off Carroll Creek Rd. by the Kinch Boat Landing. We have use of the pavilion from 4 to 9 pm, and plan to eat at about 6 p.m. The meal is pot luck--bring a meat dish, vegetable dish, salad or desert. The club will provide plates and dishes, utensils and napkins and drinks (water, sweet and unsweet tea, diet soda, and regular coffee). We will have glasses, but to cut down on plastic and styrofoam trash, bring your own glass or cup for drinks if possible.

Bring your binoculars--there is the possibility of some good birding along the shore around the Pavilion--Orioles and other song birds are commonly seen in the vicinity--and the Bald Eagles' nest is between the pavilion and the Bristol Highway--Eagles may still be around.

THERE WILL NOT BE A REGULAR CLUB MEETING IN JULY BECAUSE OF THE PICNIC.

Annual Planning Meeting:  Tuesday, August 2.  more information will follow.

Roy Knispel
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:    423-202-7802
Cell:       920-203-0332