[Bristol-Birds] Greene Co Tundra Swan miss, warbler hit

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:07:30 EST

Jan. 01, 2003
Walmart distribution center, Greene Co., TN

Rack Cross and son Sammee and I went on an unsuccessful search for the
immature Tundra Swan in Greene Co. Wednesday. (Has anyone seen it lately?)
We ended up at the Walmart ponds and found a few interesting birds including
three warbler species.

Great Blue Heron
Canada Goose
American Black Duck
Gadwall
Mallard
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
American Wigeon
Northern Harrier (repeated close views of hunting juvenile, and adult males)
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Kildeer
Wilson's Snipe
Belted Kingfisher
Eastern Bluebird
Palm Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Common Yellowthroat (one seen, several heard)
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN
Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958