[Bristol-Birds] Fw: Huffman Hill Visitor

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:35:23 -0800 (PST)

scroll to forwarded e-mail below

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Huffman Hill Visitor
To: "buchanan co bc" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "A B Moseley"
<abmoseley@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marsha Pruner" <pruner.mpruner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 11:14 PM

Sunday  I called for Tom to come to the Library window to see the huge snow
flakes  Just as he got to the window I started yelling hawk, hawk, hawk.  The
hawk swooped around the silver maple  It appeared to be in pursuit of a
bluejay  We heard a blue jay yelling.  The hawk vanished toward the back of the
house.

The hawk had a long rounded tail and wide wings rounded at the tips   I did not
see enough features to positively id it

This is a first sighting here of a hawk coming in for a kill.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA