[Bristol-Birds] Re: Disturbing information

  • From: "Larry McDaniel" <localcolors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>, <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:47:16 -0500

It sounds like Bill Caywood handled himself well in his conversation with
the sports and gun shop folks. I don't believe their mindsets are nearly as
common as they were in the past. Many a farmer/hunter have become
enlightened to the point of being real assets to environmental causes.
Unfortunately, many people from all walks of life still harbor misguided and
detrimental attitudes.

Don Holt's reply expressed a philosophy that I share whole heartedly. I
agree that trying to tell someone that they are wrong, uneducated,
misguided, etc. will almost surely do no good. It is likely to make matters
worse. What we say, however can make a difference. It can be for better or
worse. We need to choose our words wisely. Awareness is usually the first
step toward improvement. There is much room for improvement.

Larry McDaniel