[Bristol-Birds] Dave Raines clears up confusion over eBird report of Evening Grosbeaks in Buchanan Co., VA

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bristol-birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 15:33:41 -0400

Thanks to Dave Raines of Breaks,VA for helping clear up confusion about
Roger Mayhorn's grosbeak reports. According to Dave, Roger's original post
stated that he'd seen 7 Rose-br Grosbeaks feeding on locust buds. The
confusion stems from the fact that the report on eBirds is evidently an
error in that it reported Evening Grosbeaks as follows:

Evening Grosbeak (Coccothraustes vespertinus) (7)

- Reported Apr 16, 2015 10:30 by Roger Mayhorn

- Mountain Top Golf Course, Buchanan, Virginia

- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8
<http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=37.2986025,-81.9077754&ll=37.298
6025,-81.9077754>
&t=p&z=13&q=37.2986025,-81.9077754&ll=37.2986025,-81.9077754

- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S22901871

- Comments: "seven females or imm males were feeding on locust buds"

ebid one 17 April 2015 Mayhorn.jpg

ebird two 17 April 2015.jpg

[bcbirdclub] Bluebirds and Migrants

* From: Roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
* To: Buchanan Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:08:19 -0400 (EDT)

In one spot I found 7 female or imm. male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks feeding on

locust buds. I heard two vireo, Yellow-throated and Blue-headed. A pair of
Tree
Swallows was rather protective of one empty nest box. I heard my FOS Hooded
Warbler for the mountain along with 5 Yellow-throated Warblers, 2 male
Black-and-whites and 2 Ovenbirds.
Below is the complete list.

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt