[Bristol-Birds] Com. Mergansers, Cackling Goose - Boone Lake

  • From: Thomas McNeil <tsmcneil1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 18:48:41 -0500

Washington and Sullivan Counties
Boone Lake

Rob Biller, David Kirschke, Nora Schubert and I checked out Boone Lake just
before the snow hit this morning.   Notable birds:

Boone Dam:
Common Merganser (7) - 5 male

Sugar Hollow Road:
Pied-billed Grebe (67)
Horned Grebe (2)

Davis Marina:
Common Merganser (2)
Red-breasted Merganser (2)

Later this afternoon, Cathy Myers and I returned to the same areas.  No
mergansers were seen at Boone Dam.  Notable birds:

Davis Marina:
Cackling Goose (1)
American Pipit (7)
Red-breasted Merganser (1)
Bald Eagle (1) - immature

Sugar Hollow Road:
Common Merganser (4)
Red-breasted Merganser (1)
Bald Eagle (2) - 1 imm., 1 ad.

Thomas S. McNeil
       BRISTOL BIRDS NET LIST

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org