[Bristol-Birds] Blue Grosbeak, Osprey, Orchard Oriole - Clifton Farm Road

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

This morning, Laverne and I birded Clifton Farm Road. Among the birds we saw or
heard were a Blue Grosbeak, Osprey, Orchard Oriole, Yellow Warbler and
White-crowned Sparrows.

I have been following the conversation on Bristol Birds concerning Blue
Grosbeaks. During the last 15 years Clifton Farm Road has been a reliable place
to find Blue Grosbeaks during the spring and summer. I have observed nesting
activity during this period. Just from anecdotal information there seems to be
an increase in the population in this area. The elevation of Clifton Farm Road
is approximately 2100 feet.

Tom Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA