[Bristol-Birds] Black Bear (delayed report)!

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:52:51 EDT

I have been in NC for a couple of days, so this report is a little delayed.
Last Thursday, as was was leaving our driveway in our car, I saw movement to
my right by our fence.  Much to my surprise, a black bear (probably about 2
years old), climbed through our split rail fence and ran across the road about
30
yards in front of me.  This is the first bear that we have seen on the
property, but they are found on nearby Bays Mountain.  Earlier in the day, our
morning began with a red fox in our back yard.  About 1/2 hour after the fox
left,
we had 5 hen turkeys in the same back yard.  The bear was about an hour later
and down on Glen Alpine Road.  John Moyle   4027 Glen Alpine Road
Kingsport

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at