[Bristol-Birds] Dickcissel, etc in Washington Co, TN

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:26:11 -0700 (PDT)

Birding yesterday (7/23/07) in western Washington Co (TN) my parents and I ran
into Mayor Jaynes, who is a resident of Limestone and who put us onto the
albino (?) red-tailed hawk that has been reported there, which was a nice
treat.  Highlights otherwise included:

  Bobolink (Male on Charlie Carson Rd where previously reported by Don Holt)
  Dickcissel (Male singing in tree on Old 34 where previously report by Don
Holt)

  There were 2 kids playing at swords in the field where the dickcissel has
been heard recently, so the dickcissel probably cleared out and ended up closer
to the road!

  David Kirschke
  Johnson City, TN