[Bristol-Birds] Birding (mostly at home) Saturday, Sept. 15

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:14:14 EDT

I got the first really good evidence of migration at home (Hampton, Carter
Co.) on Saturday, Sept. 15.

I started with a Tennessee Warbler (incidentally, my 200th bird for 2007 in
NE TN) as well as Magnolia Warbler, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat,
Worm-eating Warbler and a really great look at a Northern Waterthrush.

Other birds in the yard included Gray Catbird, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Indigo
Bunting, Red-eyed Vireo, Empid species, Eastern Phoebe, Pileated Woodpecker,
Downy Woodpecker, White-breasted Nuthatch.

I also had a Solitary Sandpiper at the fish pond and a flock of 15-20
Blue-winged Teal flew over (twice!) but never landed on the pond.

Also had a Cooper's Hawk fly over.

Later in the day:

I had eight Blue-winged Teal at the pond at Grand View Ranch, Limestone Cove,
Unicoi.

At the Erwin Fishery Park in Erwin, Unicoi Co., I had a single Blue-winged
Teal, six Wood Ducks, Osprey, Red-tailed Hawk, Cedar Waxwing, Scarlet Tanager,
Downy Woodpecker, Eastern Phoebe.

Warblers included American Redstart, Magnolia, Northern Parula, Tennessee and
Bay-breasted Warbler (which became bird #201 for 2007 in NE TN).

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN

 See what's new at
http://www.aol.com