[Bristol-Birds] Big Stone Gap birds

  • From: Bill Cawood <b_cawood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx, Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:31:50 +0000 (GMT)

Recently in the Big Stone Gap area I have seen the following birds:

        * Great Egret -- McClanahan's pond near Powell Valley High School,
South Fork Powell River near Jessie Lea RV Park/Greenbelt, Overflight in BSG
town.
        * Cooper's hawk perched on vehicle at PVHS
        * Red Tailed hawk
        * Turkey vulture
        * 200-300 chimney swifts at PVHS chimney
        * Flickers -- 3 in Strawberry Patch along Powell River
        * Starlings -- Large flock of bigger light colored birds.  Not our
norm.Bill Cawood
Big Stone Gap, VA