[Bristol-Birds] Belated Report for Saturday April 9 - Carter County

  • From: merlinz02@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:38:47 -0400

This report is a belated report that should have been reported on
Saturday night.  My schedule that night changed with onoe phone call
while coming back in from birding and of course, Sunday was spend all
day in the field with Don Holt (which he reported about).  By the time
I arrived back in Sunday evening it was just enough time to eat and
host the bird chat on AOL Sunday night @ 9.  Then I was too pooped to
do much else but sleep and Monday was work - birding (which Wallace
Coffey reported) and back to work.

For those keeping records, this reports reflects Saturday April 9,
2005.  Watauga Lake, Butler Area, Little Milligan, and Pond Mountain
was covered in our daylight to noon + birding in Carter County.  We had
a handful +2 Warblers, 2 Vireos, all 3 Mimic Thrushes, a heron another
color than blue, and a Brown Creeper singing along the northern end of
Watauga Lake.  First for the year is in all CAPS

The complete list follows:

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
Hooded Merganser
RUFFED GROUSE (2 drumming, 1 strutting across road)
Common Loon
Double-crested Cormorant
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture