[Bristol-Birds] BBC field trip meets Saturday 8:30 a.m. ETSU-Bristol

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:44:54 -0500

Good weather is in store for Saturday morning's (Dec.4) Bristol Bird Club field
trip which will meet the ETSU-Bristol Center at 8:30 a.m. to begin the day.

It was originally billed as a "Marsh Morning" with sponsored birdwalks at Cedar
Creek Marsh Wetlands in Bristol Tennessee (Rack Cross and Wallace Coffey
leaders) and then at the Meadowview Marsh Wetlands at Kingsport (Bill Grigsby
and Larry McDaniel leaders).

We have called off the Meadowview Marsh destination because
nearly 1,700 cross country runners will descend upon Cattails Golf Course,
to compete for a gold medal at the 2004 Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Youth
Cross Country National Championship and that doesn't count parents, spectators
and coaches.   Most all the roads in the immediate area of Meadowview Marsh
will be closed to traffic during the day.

We will probably be going to the proposed Bristol Tennessee Cedar Creek
Wetlands to get a good look and some brief birding.

Larry McDaniel, Bill Grigsby, Rack Cross and myself will lead the birding out
of the ETSU front parking lot.  It will be a very good day with some good
birders participating.

The National Weather Service coudn't provide us anything better:  Partly
cloudy, with a high around 51. Calm wind most of the day !

Due to the changing availability of Meadowview, we will determine our
destinations before we leave ETSU.  This will be a good birding trip.

We'll look for you on the front row with your binoculars.  Come and enjoy
birding and put all of the early-seasonal hassel behind you.  Relax and bird.
What could be better on a great Saturday morning ?

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol