[Bristol-Birds] BBC Christmas Party excitement and planning explodes !!!!!

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 21:27:22 -0500

Bristol Bird Club party set for Saturday

BBC and Regional Birding Party Goers:

Bob and Ellen Parker have invited the Bristol Bird Club
to hold our 17th Annual Regional Birder's Christmas Party at their
beautiful home in Piney Flats, TN.

We will gather Saturday, December 11, and the food will be on the table on or
about 7:00 p.m.  We start gathering at 6:30 p.m.  This is a covered dish
dinner.
It is a tremendous party awaited with much excitement.  We announce our
regional awards, club awards and Birder of the Year at this event.

Remember this is a covered-dish dinner and bring a couple of your favorite
dishes.  Bring plenty of good food, even if you don't know how to cook.  This
is our club-managed events.  We do not depend on the Parker's for anything
except to turn the lights on, unlock the door and let us enjoy the warmth of
their cozy home.

The Parker home is located at 4318 Summerfield Drive.  This is just off U.S.
11E where it crosses the DeVault Bridge at Boone Lake.  The Parkers live on the
Piney Flats side of the bridge and to the west of U.S. 11E (turn right of the
highway when south bound towards Johnson City or turn left of the highway when
north bound towards Bristol). For those of you who remember the old Will Mary
Gift Shop, their home is located a short distance behind that former store site.

More detailed directions will be delivered to Bristol Birds Thursday.

Our annual Christmas Party is a regional event open to all birders everywhere
and to their guests.

There will be no complaints from Santa as to how to find this house.  On quiet
nights he usually has to follow the calling hoot owls as beacons to our party
house.  Not this year.  Not even in a good fog on a windy night.  Not even in
your dreams!

The Parker house is a beautiful, two-story brick house prominent on a rise
above Summerfield.  The curb appeal of Christmas spirit is evident.  Here BBC
finds a wonderful place to partydown !

All of us senior citizens will delight with the spacious and abundant close
parking, nearly flat grade to the front door.  No elevators or from parking
buildings.  No hike along a dark alley near the weir dam.

This is a big spacious neighborhood.  The route to the house and thru
Summerfield is direct, simple and straightforward.

You haven't begun to hear about the BBC Annual Regional Christmas Party.
Stay tuned!  It is Christmas time in the mountains ;-)  We'll have more for you
Thursday.

Let's go partying....

JPEG image