[Bristol-Birds] Austin Springs, etc. on April 25

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:14:06 EDT

Gilbert Derouen, Reece Jamerson and Bryan Stevens birded at Austin Springs on
Boone Lake, Washington Co., TN, on Tuesday, April 25, around 1 p.m. We
enjoyed great looks at a singing male Prothonotary Warbler and later heard a
second
bird. We also saw three Least Sandpipers and two Solitary Sandpipers. We also
had an Osprey, two Eastern Kingbirds and a female Purple Martin. We heard a
Great Crested Flycatcher.

On the way to Musick's Campground, South Holston Lake, Sullivan Co., TN, we
stopped at the pond on left of entrance to Observation Knob Campground. We had
one Spotted Sandpiper and one Solitary Sandpiper.

At Musick's, 52 Ring-billed Gulls, four Common Loons, two Double-crested
Çormorants, a Green Heron and an Eastern Kingbird were the highlights.

At TWRA Access Area adjacent to Musick's, we had singing Pine Warbler and
White-eyed Vireo.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN