[Bristol-Birds] Golden-wings, Blue-wings and more in Buchanan County

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:26:19 -0400

Area Birders,
Yesterday (4/24) fellow bird club member Richard Kretz and I birded Compton
Mountain and Enoch's Branch near Grundy. Enoch's Branch is a reclaimed strip
mine that has been turned into a park. We found 62 species including 12 warbler
species and 4 Vireo species. Our highlight of the day was the one Cerulean
Warbler and the two male Golden-winged Warblers that were down at eye level and
allowed us great looks. Photos of the Golden-wings, Blue-wings and Scarlet
Tanagers can be seen at
http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/new_birds

The warbler species were

American Redstart 3