[Bristol-Birds] A Sad Update on the House Wren Nesting in the Carport.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:33:33 -0400

Birders:( A Sad Update on the House Wren Nesting in the Carport )

On July 1 2007 in East Hamblen County Northeast of Morristown a sad update a
ratsnake has eaten the Baby House Wrens in the birdhouse hanging in the carport
but I still have second House Wren is trying to nest in a second birdhouse
hanging in the small tree in the front yard next to the corner of the house and
facing Northeast towards the road  and I need some ideas keep snakes from
bothering the birds again I like to have good hatching this time around without
the snakes bothering them and I never have gotten a picture or pictures of the
Baby House Wrens in the nest for the record and I guess that I not now but I
will keep you updated on the second House Wrens Nesting and the first House
Wren Birdhouse is on the wall drying out after we washed out the birdhouse and
the snake.

Shane Adams
Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.