[Brandy's Software] Brandy's Software will be moving back to zymic for our web hosting.

  • From: Brandy Hendricks <brandy.hendricks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brandyssoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:02:32 -0500

I have found that Zymic is probably going to be our best bet when talking about web hosting. Yes, there are so many features of PHP that have been disabled, but apparently, someone has had success installing Drupal on it. I found a tutorial on how to do it just by searching on Yahoo for it, so we are probably going to go that route if I can find an ftp client to work on Linux that is accessible. Here is an outline of our choices. Filezilla is not accessible on Linux because you can't access the files and folders with Orca. Orca just says panel. Net2ftp is good, but you can't upload whole folders. You have to do files, and if your upload isn't done in 60 seconds, you get a nice little error telling you what went wrong, and the only way to work around that is to refresh the page and resend the information. Clearly this isn't the way to go.

Site Copy, well, do I really need to go there? Oh well.
Anyway, GFTP is good, but I can't figure out how to get to the file lists with Orca. Everything else about it, however, I love it! Anyway, feel free to write and reply to this post, and tell me what you think.
unsubscribe from our mailing list, send an email to
brandyssoftware-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.