[BNU] Re: HumanWare support page

  • From: andy shields <ashields2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 12:48:18 -0400

Hi,

OK, before Marcus pulls the thread on this, or it unravels, or some other analogy that I won't beat to death ... To quote a very old Saturday Night Live sketch: "hey, hold on there, kids, you're both right!" Ann reported some very specific results that she got, using a computer with Windows in a particular configuration. For those, like myself, reading the messages on an Apex and going from there, here's what happens:

Routing the cursor to the s of support, though I think any letter would do, you then hit dots 2-6 with Enter. You get a prompt asking you whether the address in question, in this case support.humanware etc., is an e-mail address or a website. A little quirk of the Apex Help menu here is that if you do a spaceh for Help, it will give you the options of typing e for e-mail or r for a Bluetooth reset, but nothing more. Thinking that the obvious might work, I just did a w for "website", and it went there with no trouble. The same thing worked for "Rajmund's" example, also without the http at the beginning. So, it does work correctly from the Apex itself, as Vicky first tried it. As in much of life, context is everything.

Andy
-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You can also visit our list page at:
www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email
to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.