[BNU] Bookshare followup

  • From: Andy Shields <AShields@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:48:54 +0000

Hi again, listers,

Thanks to Roanna and Rajmund specifically for replying to my detailed question.
I had already tried resets of varying degrees with no change in the result. Now
something even more interesting (but odd) has happened. Partly for lack of any
other ideas, I tried downloading the same large almanac as a .brf file through
my computer at work. After spacing on the Download button, and a long (30
seconds to 1 minute) delay, the page basically went blank, except for a
notation at the top with an "https", a 6-digit "instance i.d." after the words
"book title" and a confirmation of the .brf format. Basically (if I'm
interpreting this properly), a very strange but specific error message
confirming that you can't download this book in this format. I'm going to
submit this little report to Bookshare itself (worded more accurately and
specifically), and see if anything like this has turned up before. More details
to come, I'm sure.

Andy