[brailleblaster] Re: some considerations

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 23:23:30 -0600

Right. A user should be able to create structured documents in
BrailleBlaster as in any word processor without worrying about the
underlying representation in the computer. The difference is that
BrailleBlaster will produce simple Daisy xml files, with optional UTDML,
as its default output, just as Word produces doc or docx files. Another
diference is that BrailleBlaster output files will be humann-readable.
Even UTDML will be human-readable with a text editor that translates
UTF-8 to hexadecimal.

John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director