[brailleblaster] Re: What will the text view show?

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:59:18 +0000

At the risk of preaching the virtues of XPath ad-nausium, we could use XPath to
link the text to the XML. Each text node would be mapped with an XPath
expression that uniquely identifies it's place in the XML tree. It would avoid
the possible problems of white space when calculating document text offsets.

Just offering it as one solution.

Keith Creasy
Software Developer
American Printing House for the Blind