[brailleblaster] Re: The source code runs.

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:32:36 +0000

Good to hear that you've got it working. A quick search did reveal a tutorial providing the information on how to get ant to make a jar file run with the java -jar command, see http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorials.html and look at the hello world tutorial. I gave the general tutorials link incase the others are useful.

Now I know what you might think when I say this, but have yu got junit tests working? I do feel junit tests are particularly useful and I would agree with the idea of test driven development where you write the tests first and then write the code which meets the criteria in the tests.

Michael Whapples
On 05/12/10 07:11, John J. Boyer wrote:
After looking fruitlessly in the ant manual I looked at ant's own
build.xml. It turned out that I simply had to specify the class with the
main method in an attribute tag under the manivest tag under the jar
tag. Now the code runs and gives the runtime error I expect. I hope to
have another draft on Monday.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!