[brailleblaster] Re: The current controversy

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:41:26 -0400

I think that this is a good round up of what most users will expect.
At the user experience level, things should remain simple for the
casual user. For example, prompting to assign a style to a block of
text may be something outside of many users' understanding or
requirement. Perhaps the default style should automatically apply
unless a user uses a menu item to specify an alternate style instead?
For advanced users dealing with structured documents like NIMAS or
ePub, or wanting to apply international Braille presentation
standards, then styling will be a nice way of controlling how the
Braille gets displayed in a specific way.

F.