[brailleblaster] The current controversy

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 07:49:46 -0700

Hello all, I am in the middle of an actual vacation and am trying to spend
as little time as practical doing anything else for a few weeks.  I have
skimmed the BrailleBlaster communication and think it is time to go back to
the specification document and update/expand it.  That document was written
largely by me with contributions from John Boyer and severl others.  It is
intended to say what BrailleBlaster should be from the point of view of the
end user.  It does say that one should be able to create simple documents
and to import a variety of document types.  It does not say that it should
be a full-featured word processor, but it does list a number of standard
functionalities it needs.  Crudely speaking, it does not need to mimic MS
Word, but it does need to have most features of WordPad.  So let's go back
to that spec document and work through it line by line until we all
understand the goals.

John G

________________________________

John Gardner       |  President |  ViewPlus
541.754.4002 x 220 |  www.viewplus.com

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This message and any files transmitted with it
may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited;
please notify the sender and delete the message.
ViewPlus Technologies, Inc. accepts no liability for damage of any kind
resulting from this email.