[brailleblaster] Re: Some design considerations

  • From: François Ouellette <braille@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:12:09 -0400

Chunking input files may be a workaround but will significantly
increase the complexity of the program when opening documents. We are
talking seconds of processing here, nothing unusual in the desktop
computing world. As for UTD, they seem to be the intermediate format
between the input and the final output, including when users want to
save their work and continue or re-use the file later. What would be
the official output format then, if users do not wish to save their
work in epub or nimas or some other standard?

F.