[brailleblaster] Re: Setting Up Eclipse

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 08:07:20 +0000

Hello,
Firstly yes I know the advantages of using an IDE like Eclipse, I would use Eclipse normally for anything I have control over what environment is used for development.

Having said that, I am not sure how one ould set up Eclipse to work on BrailleBlaster source code as it was never set up as an Eclipse project. It has an ant build script, which you could use for building outside any IDE with Apache Ant, and use the editor of your choice to edit the source files. I know that some IDEs, Eclipse included, can use ant build scripts or at least call ant with the build script. May be you will be able to do something with that to get Eclipse building BrailleBlaster. However, I think I did see somewhere else in an example ant script which was designed for both running inside and outside Eclipse, that one might ideally have the ant script detect whether its being run inside Eclipse as the compilation to .class files is actually normally done by Eclipse and so need not be done by ant.

If you do figure out what to do then let us know incase others have similar questions.

Michael Whapples
On 02/01/2013 05:47, Mike Wleklinski wrote:
Hello,
To start off, my name is Mike Wleklinski and I am a sophomore at UW-Madison and I am volunteering to help develop BrailleBlaster. So I have recently began looking at the BrailleTemplates file and I am wondering on what the best way to set up Eclipse so that I can work on and test my progress with this file. Is there anyone that can help me with this? Or is there a better way for me to develop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike Wleklinski
Sent from Windows Mail