[brailleblaster] Re: Screen readers broken with latest build

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:18:30 +0000

Scripts might be possible but it shouldn't be necessary and it's bad because
each one has a different scripting vocabulary.

I think that what is happening is that the SWT text widget is giving the screen
reader the entire paragraph when it asks for a line. Basically the "soft"
returns are invisible to the accessibility interface in the SWT widget. I think
Ken might have a contact with someone who works on the SWT widgets so maybe we
can do something there.

Keith

Keith Creasy
Software Developer